Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 3 in the books.

Week three of my current program is in the books as of today. Been quite the experience so far. I am currently very tired and sore as the last few days have been brutal, my shoulders are really burning. That being said, I feel great on the whole. Week 1 was pretty rough as my body was adapting to minimal carbs and the new workouts + high frequency exercise program. Week 2 was a bit better.

Week 3 included the re-introduction of Carbs to my diet (outside of my workout shake). Since the introduction of Carbs, I gained back 2-3 pounds of water weight which is mildly discouraging (but expected) however in every other aspect it was a great week. After re-introducing Carbs, I have noticed a huge increase in endurance during my workouts, and have been able to push really hard in the mid-late stages of the workout, that was really hard to do in week 1.

I have become noticeably leaner and am noticing muscle development in the areas I'm hitting the hardest (shoulders, upper arms, legs). It's really cool to see improvements this quickly but at the same time I'm anxious to see more results. I'm looking forward to finishing up month 1 strong and changing the routine/diet up a bit for month 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment