Sunday, June 10, 2012

6/10 Check-In, End of Month 1!

Today is the last day of my first Month's program. Starting tomorrow (6/11), I will be on an entirely new workout and nutrition program which I will detail later. Today was normally a scheduled Low-Carb day with a bodyweight workout, but I decided to take the day off for a couple of reasons, mainly A) I was very tired from lack of sleep the previous few days, and B) My upcoming exercise schedule is even more grueling than Month 1, so I decided to get an extra days rest in before what should be a very tough Week 1 of the new program.

Also, my Week 2 program includes Cheat and Fasting days (more on that later), so I went ahead and made this Cheat day. For the first month, my dietary discipline was rock solid, the only "cheating" I did was having beans AND rice with Shrimp and a couple of small pieces of pizza. So, having a cheat day was nice. I had a bunch of Ice Cream, Mexican Food, and even a Candy Bar :). I had phased out Peanut Butter in favor of Almond Butter this month, but I will be sure to get some Peanut Butter for my next cheat day (PB&J is probably my favorite cheat meal!).

Anyway, to summarize I think Month 1 went about as smoothly as I could have hoped. While my weight plateaued a bit the last couple of weeks, I continued to get leaner. My weight went from around ~204 to ~197, my BF went from ~18% to ~16% (based on pinch test). I'm going to get hydrostatic BF testing next week, I'm shooting to get around or under 15% by then, which would be nice :).

From an exercise perspective, things went great. My biggest fear for Month 1 was that my body would simply break down at some point, but that didn't happen at all. In fact, even though I worked harder with more volume and intensity than I ever have, my body felt fantastic the entire time.

In addition to losing weight, I have noticed a bunch of increased muscle, especially in my arms, chest and shoulders. That's not too surprising as my workout program was designed to help those muscles, but noticing that much muscle increase while losing fat and on a calorically restrictive diet is nice.

I'm not at home right now so I don't have access to my camera and tape measure, I'll update this with a full stats breakdown when I get a chance.

Can't wait for Month 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment