Monday, May 28, 2012

5/28 Check-In

Weight: 197.8

Exercise: Evening Lower Body workout. Got through it okay but I was beat. I cut it slightly short and finished a couple of exercises later that night (a set of single leg squats and some ab-roller/plank work).

Today was the first day of week 3 of my current program, and that includes consuming Carbs as part of my regular meals. Until now, I had only been eating Carbs as part of my intra-workout drink, and had kept carbs to the bare minimum the rest of the time. So, to celebrate I went to my favorite Taqueria after the workout and had the following for Meal 1:


Camarones (Shimp) a la Diabla w/Beans/Rice/Salad

Loved it! Having both the beans and the rice (and a couple of corn tortillas) was a bit of a mini-cheat, I just compensated by not taking in my normal post-workout carbs, and I think it was fine.

Meal 2: Whey Protein Shake w/Almond Milk

Meal 3: Cottage Cheese w/Almond Butter and Cinnamon

Calores ~2200 (as a best guess).

Will be interested to see how my body handles the re-introduction of carbs to my diet, in theory it should give me a little more energy in my workouts, and hopefully contribute to a bit more muscle gain.

Poker: Had a good day on Merge. Normally I would take Monday off but I am trying to make the Tourney King leaderboard for the month so I am trying to get in some volume to the end the month. Snuck back into the top 250 but I'll need another score or two to stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment