Monday, July 9, 2012

Month 3 Program begins today!

Monday July 9th marks week 1, day 1 of my month three training program. My coach wrote that this entire month is targeted specifically for fat loss. After looking over the program, I am really excited to get going on it (if not a little scared). This program is very intense, and will have me training nearly every day, and often twice a day. It's a nice confidence boost having gotten through the last two months of high-frequency training, knowing I should be able to step it up a bit (and having my coach have the same confidence).

The weight training consists of a Dynamic Upper Body session, a "GH Surge" session, which is designed to elicit the maximum in Growth Hormone response, and a Traditional Full Body workout. All three look fantastic. I had to laugh/smile when I saw the Dynamic Upper Body session, because I have done an almost identical workout that was included as part of a program called "BodyComp Blitz". I vividly remember that workout as at the time it was the toughest workout I'd ever completed. Really looking forward to trying to get through it this month. Looking over the workouts my only real concerns are that I don't have a ton of Back Squat experience (and my form is a little suspect) and back squats are included in two of the workouts. We'll see how that goes!

Along with these sessions there are several cardio routines (including an HIIT Jump Rope routine which is very cool because I really have grown to love Jumping Rope for cardio in the last couple of months), and additional lower-intensity cardio both in the mornings and at the end of workouts.

From a dietary perspective, things stay mostly the same, except that I will have a cheat day every other week rather than once a week. On the surface that seems like it kinda sucks, but honestly I think this is probably a better fit for me at my current body fat level, etc. I am sticking to a very strict diet of nearly exactly the same foods for each days (one diet for my training days, and one for non-training days). I will also be upping the Fish Oil intake significantly this month.

Here's to seeing a big drop in body fat this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment